graphic design - music - photography


The posts are based on researches, the lecturer's materials, and my opinions.
Sorry if I made any kind of mistakes.

Welcome!

Thursday 6 March 2014

Exercise 1: Type as Image

For the typography's homework, Ms Tari asked us to do the exercise 1. It's about type as image. So, you create an image of animal or musical instrument but with type. I chose Cat. It's because cat is my favourite animal. It is cute and fluffy. It's like my mood booster. So, people will love something that makes their mood's good rite? So, this is my process:
This character was adapted from Pusheen.com :)
Layout




After creating some sketches of cat's gesture, I was trying to trace it on Illustrator.

So, the fixed one, I'll make the image of adorably cute cat with a beautiful, smooth, and girly typeface. The word itself is about the bad sides of cat. 
Cat is one of the most popular pet in the world. So, it means most of people loves cat right? When we see cat, our first impression of cat = it is a nice animal, fluffy, and cute. But, in fact, cat has the bad sides. So, the concept is, about that. People couldn't see and feel the bad sides of cat when they haven't try to have a cat. So, what you see is not what you feel. Which can be my tagline :) btw, I chose Are you really really sure? as the headline because I think it makes people curious.

So this is the final one:

No comments:

Post a Comment